Friday, 31 October 2014

Halloween!

Today was an amazing day!

This morning, I got to go to story time at the library with Mama and Aunt Sam. The best part: I got to wear my costume! I am a green dragon for Halloween this year. At story time, they celebrated the letter "H," so they sang a song just for me because my name starts with an H.

Later this afternoon, I got to help Nana frost some cupcakes. Nana frosted, Mama did the sprinkles, and I licked the beaters. Mama said I was so helpful! When I asked, Nana even squirted some of the frosting in to my mouth. Mmm! It was so yummy. And orange, just for Halloween.


Mama and Daddy got all dressed up to go trick-or-treating with me. Mama was a pink princess and Daddy was her knight/prince. He had a really cool sword that he made. Nana made his boots and Mama made his tunic. I think we looked really cool!


We went trick-or-treating to Nana and Papa first. They set up a fire pit outside and made root beer for the grown ups.

Here is my first ever Halloween Candy! From Nana!


At first, I just wanted to eat the candy that Nana and other people gave me. But then I figured out that if we went to more houses, they would give me more candy! At one house, a nice lady in our ward gave me a whole Snickers! Just for me! I was so excited about that, I wanted to eat it right away. But Mama said I had to wait because I was going to get even more candy. She was right!
Here I am trying to beg Mama to open the Snickers. 

We went to quite a few houses. Mama and Daddy helped me say "trick-or-treat," but I said "please" and "thank you" all by myself, every time. Mama said that I was very polite and nice.





I wanted to keep trick-or-treating all night, but we went and visited our friends the Wadsworths for a few minutes.


Once I got home, Mama and Daddy let me look at all the candy I collected! They even let me eat one of the mini-Milky Ways. That was delicious!


I think Halloween will be one of my favorite holidays. It was so fun to go trick-or-treating and see all the other kids dressed up. I wonder what we'll be next year...

--Little Brute









No comments:

Post a Comment