Johnny is two today. I think every birthday with all of my children will come as a shock, because once again I find myself trying to figure out where the last year went. But now that June 4 is here again, I keep thinking about how grateful I am for my John Man.
Johnny is so loving and giving. I tell people all the time about how sweet he is. He loves to cuddle, give hugs, and lay his head on my shoulder. He is so smart and as he talks more and more I am amazed at the sweet and kind things he says. He brings things to people because he knows it will make them happy. Just today in sacrament meeting, he got a fruit snack and then immediately insisted on getting one for Henry. He likes to bring me my shoes or my purse and is always ready to jump up and help others. If, perchance, I get hurt and say "Ouch!" or "Oh man, that hurts!" Johnny looks right to me "Mama, Mama?" and lays his head against me until I tell him I am ok.
Johnny is hilarious, too. Lately, his favorite thing is "me, nut!" or "I am a nut!" He will correct you if you say "your'e so silly!" "no! me nut!" He makes silly faces and pretends to hide just to get a tickle, too.
Johnny loves to dance and stomps his feet in time to music all the time. In the car, he always requests "Baa song, din?" (Baa song again) which is the song from Shaun the Sheep the Movie. He also loves "Beam!" and would listen to Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam a million times in a row. He gets very excited when Henry's favorite songs come on and says "He! He! Song!"
Johnny does have quite the stubborn streak and often refuses to do things. I remind myself that he's named after John Adams and so that must just come with the name, but sometimes it's a bit exasperating. But he stands firm on things that are important to him. Things like having apple juice instead of water or getting to take his "bee bee" (blankie) and "row row" (Pluto stuffed animal) to the breakfast table.
Johnny is a great eater. He loves anything "yum yum" (chocolate or treats), strawberries, chicken nuggets, and BBQ sauce. We can always count on him to eat a lot, and when we doesn't we know he's not feeling well.
Johnny loves dirt, trucks, choo choos, and buses, too. He has a little car he rides around on, and propels himself through the house with incredible accuracy around corners. He would spend all day in the sandbox if I let him, putting sand in the trucks and in the "dock-ets" (pockets) of his pants and shirt. He can spot buses from far away when we're driving, and knows exactly which hill is the one that goes over the trains on University Avenue (something he has known for a long time, quite impressive).
Johnny is a great reader and adores books, especially if they are about trucks and choo choos. He takes 3-5 to bed with him every day, looking at them with his "ite" (flashlight). When Nana or Grandma are around, he grabs books and runs to them, climbing into their laps to read.
Johnny also loves the Temple. Every day he asks to go on a walk to the "bembel" and loves to see the fountain and run among the garden beds. "There-it-is!" he will yell as soon as he can see it, and says "hi bembel!" and "bye bembel!" as we drive past. Any time he is upset or near inconsolable, Henry and I sing the Temple Song to him and he calms down to sing with us.
Johnny loves his family. He gets so excited to see Daddy's truck at the end of every work day and runs down the driveway to meet him. Every morning I hear "Mama where-are-you mama?" from his room and I am greeted with a hug and smile. He wants to go to "Nana house" every day, gets mad at me when I say "Papa is at work," and runs to greet Grandpa and Grandma Bruton every time they come. But of all people, Johnny loves his "He". He loves following Henry around, misses Henry when he's at school, and often refuses to go to bed at night if Henry is not in there. Johnny wants to be just like him and does his best to imitate his brother at all times. Even asking for finger pokes and insulin shots!
We love our John Wellington so much. He's a little Mama's boy, and I am not sorry for it, because I love all the cuddles he gives me. I know my time with my little baby boy is short, and I am grateful for every minute. He has brought so much joy to our family and is the light of our lives. We are so excited to celebrate with him this evening, with all things "beew" (blue) and trucks.
Happy Birthday, Johnny Man!
No comments:
Post a Comment