Our first week back, the colors on the mountains suddenly burst into an absolutely gorgeous riot of color. It was amazing! We took advantage of our little time left before Derek started work and our drive to Duchesne to enjoy hiking in Provo Canyon. Both times we stopped it was gorgeous!
Henry, of course, enjoyed gathering sticks and using them to write in the dirt. Derek and I reveled in the fresh mountain air, the colors, and the quiet time in the mountains.
Henry surprised us, however, with knowing his colors! Derek and I were discussing how blue the sky was, when he looked down at Derek's shirt (he was riding on Derek's shoulders) and said: "Boo! Boo!" pointing at the bright blue stripe that crossed Derek's chest. After that, he also showed his cleverness by remembering yellow and red when we handed him leaves. What a clever boy we have!
 |
| Yes, sometimes I am freaked out by how high Derek throws him. But mostly, I trust this Daddy to take care of my baby. |
 |
| Derek decided to spin us both around. WHEEE!!! (freak out!!) |
 |
| "Ed" and "eh-yo" leaves. |
No comments:
Post a Comment