Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig

Well, we've been back in Provo for almost a week. A week tomorrow, actually. Things are going well, and we're finally starting to recover from jet lag.


Henry hasn't adjusted to the craziness as quickly as he did when we visited in May, but he's getting there. The last 3 nights he's slept his normal schedule (8pm - 7:30am) and had normal naps. Poor little guy -- I don't think he really understood why he wanted to sleep during the day and wanted to be up playing in the middle of the night.

As we expected, he's absolutely in love with the dog. Poor Edie has taken to hiding under the kitchen table or between the piano and the bench--the only places she can really get away from him. He gets SO excited when he sees her, no matter the time of day. I love it, but I think Edie's a bit tired of it. Luckily, she is the most patient and sweet dog with him. It only makes him love her more, though.

He's also loving how big Nana and Papa's house is! He runs around it like it's a racetrack, trying to get anyone in sight to chase him. The backyard is so much fun, complete with swing and sandbox, but he still points to every playground we walk by.



Derek starts his job on Monday. I know--I haven't said anything anywhere on Social Media, because he wanted to wait until he signed a contract. I figured everyone who will actually read this already knows, so there you go. :) He'll be working at GDA, a civil engineering company based out of Cody, Wyoming. They just opened a new office in Heber, Utah, which is where Derek will be. He actually received the offer the morning we moved out of Number 4 Panton Street--a very welcome surprise that morning! I'm so proud of him and we feel so incredibly blessed.

When we were trying to decide where we wanted to end up, both Derek and I felt the Holy Ghost confirm that Utah was the place for us. Which was convenient, since a big part of us wanted to end up here anyway. There are moments when I wish we had headed somewhere a little more adventurous, but I think Utah holds lots of adventures for our family. Heber is one of the places Derek and I have always talked about buying a house and settling down there. Knowing that we have a job there is just so exciting to us.

We'll be living with Nana and Papa until January, though, and then we'll be moving in to the apartment that is in their basement. Their current tenants have a contract until then, so we've taken over the two basement rooms for now. It's great, but I am looking forward to getting all of our things out and getting our house decorated. :)



I started back at work this Monday. I'll be in the office 4 days a week for just a few hours, and Nana will have Little Brute while I'm away. Already I'm struggling with not being with my boy all day. I was so lucky to have been able to be with him all day while we were in Cambridge, and I miss our routine and all the fun we had together. But it is great to be back in the office. I'm much more productive and I really do appreciate having "grown up time," but I sure miss my Little Brute.



So, that's us for now. We're looking forward to going to Homecoming next week--our first football game back in the stadium! It's wonderful to be here in Utah as the mountains are changing. We have absolutely GORGEOUS views of Y-Mountain and the Wasatch Mountains in Utah Valley from where we live. While I am aching for Cambridge, it is wonderful to be back in our Mountain Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment