Mommy: We finally used our Zoo passes that Sam, Greg, & Caleb got us for Christmas last year. We were so excited to take Henry and John! We went on a nice warm day, without too much heat, and had a great time just the 4 of us. Henry had so much fun. In this post, Henry and I collaborated. My words will be in normal font, Henry's in Italics. :)
Mommy and Daddy took us to the Zoo on Saturday! I was really excited, because I remembered playing with the big ball and going on the train when I went with Nana and Papa for my birthday. I was also really excited to get drinks out of the Lion drink things!
Yes, Derek and I both remember the Lion drinking fountains from our childhood, and we have photos of us getting drinks out of them, as well. Henry was really excited about them (there are 2) and wanted to get lots of drinks.
As soon as we got there, Mommy had to feed Johnny. Again. Babies have to eat lots of times.
While I fed Johnny, Derek and Henry explored the monkey house. Then we sat and ate some of our lunch. Or rather Derek and I ate some grapes, and Henry had some Pringles. After that, we got everybody loaded up and went to see the elephants. We were so sad to hear that we had just BARELY missed them swimming in their pool, but they did come over right by us to eat!
I liked watching the baby elephant eat her hay. She used her nose to put it in her mouth! That's silly.
Next, we went to see the seals and the polar bear. The seals were swimming in their pool, and went right by me! I was really excited to see them swim by. The polar bear walked right by me, too! Daddy liked seeing the Grizzly Bears. They were outside playing in they fountain (Mommy's note: Henry uses they for their, me for my, and other things like that. I'm trying not to edit what he says about the zoo, so sorry if you get confused.) I wanted to see the polar bear some more, but there was lots of peoples in there. So, Mommy and Daddy said we could go see something else.
We found a T-Rex at the zoo! Mommy said he was a nice T-Rex and that I could go say hi to him.
It was fun seeing the dinosaurs at the zoo, they are special until the end of September. To be honest, Henry was less excited about them than we thought he would be, because he was too distracted with all the animals. Which is just great!
Derek and I both shared a favorite part this time: the leopard. When we arrived at his enclosure, he was pacing right in front of the window. There was a handful of kids right at the window, squealing and giggling any time he went by. Of course when they did that, he came right at them! It was pretty awesome. John was pretty captivated, and Henry loved squealing along with the other kids, and thought the "big kitty" was cool, too.
Mommy said that big kitty was saying hi to me! I think so, too.
After the big kitty (the tiger and lions were sleeping), we went on the train! I helped Daddy buy the tickets, and then we all sat together. We rode by the giraffes and zebras! I liked riding on the train.
Johnny, on the other hand, did NOT like the train very much. While he didn't scream, he cried just a little bit. It was very squeaky, and he is quite sensitive to noises like that. Poor little thing. He was glad when it was over, I think!
Our last animal stop before we left was the small animals, which includes the reptiles. Ew. I tried to be excited for Henry, though, because he has decided to be very fascinated by snakes, much to my horror.
I saw lots of nakes! Some big nakes and some mean nakes.
After that, we went to the splash pad area so I could feed Johnny again before we got in the car to go home. Henry and Daddy played in the water for a bit, and then we headed to the shop. Where one of my nightmares came true.
Mommy and Daddy let me get a nake to bring home!
Yes, I did. A rubber snake lives at my house now. Here's what happened: I went in with Johnny to find postcards and maybe a small animal. Henry had just told us his favorite part was the polar bear and the elephants, so I was looking for a little plastic polar bear for him to play with at home. Unfortunately, the only ones I could find were really expensive, so I kept looking around. I took too long, and Henry and Daddy came in to find me. Henry found these MASSIVE stuffed animal snakes that he really liked. They cost more than I wanted to spend, so I convinced him to find something else. Well, I saw some other polar bear toys out of the corner of my eye and headed towards them. Much to my dismay and horror (yes, horror is the only word really) the rubber snakes were in a basket just below the polar bears. And guess who spotted them before I could run away. "My have one of those nakes, Daddy?" (yes, he knows already who to ask). "Pwease Daddy?" Derek gave me that look. That look of "I know you hate this and you want to scream and cry, but I'm not going to say no so you better figure out how you're going to deny your child something he really wants." Yes, that look. And then the snake started talking to me, via Henry of course. "My go home with Henry? Ok." I couldn't talk him out of it. I tried to show him the polar bear, the elephant, the otter. Nope. "Nake, Mommy?" By now, he knew that we had decided to let him bring one toy home, so he had us (ok, me) in his clutches.
Finally, I caved. I made him choose a bright green, not so realistic snake to take home. He was SO excited. He carried it up to the register and it talked to him the whole way. "Hi Henry, Hi Mommy, Hi Daddy, Hi Johnny," it said. "My going home with you!"
I'm glad he was so happy about it, really. But it is, ugh. Gross. I HATE snakes. All shapes, sizes, dimensions, and materials. Yes, I hate rubber snakes, too.
But, I have to admit, he is cute with it. On the way home, the snake said: "My happy!"
"Why are you happy, Mr. Snake?" Daddy said.
"Cause my with Henry. My happy!"
Sigh....so it begins.......
--Little Brute and Jen




No comments:
Post a Comment