A few weeks ago, Mommy bought me a picture of the Salt Lake Temple that I can keep in my bed. My other picture of the Temple is in a frame with glass, so she said I can't have that one in my bed because it might break. This Temple picture also has the Capitol on it. I've been asking to go see the Capitol since she got it for me, and we finally got to go today!
We left home after nap time, so we went straight to the Capitol. The inside was closed, but Mommy and Daddy said we could walk around the outside for a while. I really liked that! Daddy and I went up all the stairs in the front. Then, we walked around the whole building. I liked walking on the little step that was right next to the walls. I also had lots of fun running around the gardens in the front. Daddy had to keep chasing me to keep me out of the flowers! They were just so much fun to hide in, I couldn't help it.
Little Johnny was getting tired and hungry, and Mommy had to feed him. So, we got our stuff and drove down to City Creek. Inside, Mommy sat on a big chair and fed Little John while Daddy and I looked at the water and the fish.
While we were driving in, I saw a train! I wanted to to ride on it "right now." I really miss riding the train all the time like we did when we lived in England. Mommy and Daddy and Little John came with me, and we rode on the train just a little bit (Mommy's Note: we rode down two stops, then rode back up to Temple Square. :) ) After that, we went and saw the Temple!
I really liked walking around the Temple. There was a really fun water fountain that Daddy helped me with--you use your foot to make the water come out! We also went in to one of the buildings and looked at the inside of the Temple. I also looked at some of the tools they used to build the Temple. They had to use a lot of rocks to build it!
After going in the building, we went and walked right up next to the Temple! Mommy showed me the sun, moon, and star rocks that are on the Temple. Then, I climbed up all the stairs to the door. "Go inside?" I said. "Go inside right now?" But Daddy said I have to wait until I'm a lot bigger before I can go in the Temple. I was pretty sad about that. I liked the door a lot, so I think the inside is also pretty cool.
It was getting late, and Mommy said we needed to get home and go to bed. So, we went back to City Creek, went down the lift (I pushed the button!) and then got in my car and drove home. I liked seeing the Capitol and the Temple. Mommy and Daddy said we could go back again some time and go inside the Capitol. I hope so!
--Little Brute





No comments:
Post a Comment