Thursday, 13 November 2014

Christmas Village at Nana's

Nana, Mama, and I put up the Christmas Village today! Nana wanted to start putting up some Christmas things at her house, and Mama and I were in total agreement. So, we pulled the two big tubs of village out of the downstairs storage and got to work.


First, we unwrapped everything and laid it all out on the ground. Then, Nana and Mama arranged the houses on the ledge where the village will be until after Christmas. They used books to make hills, and then got some pretty white fabric to be the snow. It looked perfect!

My favorite part was definitely the lights, which we did next. There were lots of cords for me to hold. Nana took the lights out of a few so I could carry the cords around as much as I wanted. Nana and Mama tucked the lights that were working into the houses and made them come alive! It looks like there are real people in the houses and the church, all waiting for Santa to come and visit them.


After the houses were all arranged, we placed the trees. This was my next favorite part. Nana has a pretty tree that has little holes for Christmas lights. She let me do almost all the lights all by myself! She did one or two and Mama did a couple, but I got to do most of it, turning it into a Christmas tree! It is in the center of the town, where the shops are. It made me think of the beautiful Christmas tree that was in Market Square in Cambridge last Christmas.





Mama and Nana put the people on after that, and then Nana let me help put the snow in the village. I wanted to put lots of snow down, because I thought all the people would like to go sledding. I can't wait to go sledding for the first time with Mama and Dad!

I put big handfuls of snow down!

I liked these trees because they already have snow!

Nana bought this house for Papa---it's a little Italian village, with Gelataria!!

Mama says this looks like Daddy, her, and me! I think she is right!
There goes Santa!!




Mama says that the Christmas village is one of her very favorite Christmas decorations. I think it will be one of mine, too. I love to come upstairs every day and look at the lights. I tell everybody that comes by that I was the one that put the pretty lights on the Christmas tree. Maybe Daddy and Papa will let me help put the lights on our real Christmas tree!

--Little Brute

No comments:

Post a Comment