Sunday, 16 August 2015

BYU Women's Soccer vs. Arizona State

Last night, we took the boys to the BYU Women's Soccer game against ASU. It was an exhibition game, and school hasn't started yet, so we thought it would be pretty empty. Let's just say it was a good thing we got there early, because it was crowded!

We ended up with fantastic front row seats--which was good, because our Little Brute didn't really have any interest in watching the game. Oh, he watched here and there, ("that ball fly Daddy!") but mostly he wanted to play with the rocks under the bleachers, "run on grass with Mommy," "drink from fountain," and "get an-udder drink." It's ok, though, because we had a lot of fun and Derek and I actually got to watch a good portion of the game, as we took turns. And the grass is right by the pitch, so we could watch Henry run around with the other kids and still see the game. :)

Johnny was a champ and loved being at the game. He ate right at the beginning, then spent the next hour and 15 minutes grinning, talking, and kicking his legs. He even watched the game a little! At the end, I wrapped him up, gave him a binky, and he went right to sleep. He even slept through 3 corner kicks, which, at BYU, means everyone stomping on the bleachers and making a terrific noise. I was impressed.

While we were there, we got to see Cosmo! Poor Henry, though! I asked him if he wanted to go talk to Cosmo and give him a high 5, and he said yes. So we walked over to Cosmo, Henry said, "Mommy do it?" and so I gave him a high 5. But Cosmo, trying to get Henry to laugh, grabbed his hat. Henry started crying. Cosmo put it back on his head, backwards. "Hat on wrong Mommy!" Needless to say, Henry's shyness was not helped by Cosmo's teasing. Luckily, though, a few minutes later Henry was back to talking about how cool Cosmo was and wanted to go get a picture with him. :) Ahh, the mood swings of a two year old!

And we did get a picture with Cosmo! At least the boys did. Henry kept looking at Cosmo and not at the camera, so our photos aren't necessarily picture perfect, but that's ok. I'm still glad I have one of my 3 boys with my favorite cougar!







No comments:

Post a Comment