I've always been amazed at the power words can have on a person. They can bring you to tears or make you feel incredible joy. Sometimes, it is the simple words that have the most impact.
With Henry in our house the last two years, I've seen the power VERY simple words can have on a person, particularly my little person. Even just "no" and "yes" can take move him to tears or giggles! But I think two of the most powerful words for Henry are "Mama's here."
My poor little guy has nightmares sometimes. He wakes up crying, calling out for Mama to come and help him feel better. And I am constantly amazing at how kneeling by his bedside and saying "Mama's here" can help him calm down and fall back to sleep. Sometimes, that's really all it takes.
I'm so grateful that Henry knows how much he is loved and that just knowing that Mama is there makes him feel safer. He is such a joy in my life and helps lighten even the darkest clouds that come.
No comments:
Post a Comment