Today, I turned two. Mama and Daddy woke me up by singing Happy Birthday and giving me lots of hugs and kisses. I wasn't too interested in that--I care a lot more about getting "Brek" (breakfast), so Mama helped me get my bowl and spoon, the milk, and my favorite cereal (Marshmellow Mateys) while Daddy finished getting ready for church.
I was so excited, because I got to wear my new vest and bowtie that Nana made me! Mama and I picked the fabric out, and Nana whipped it out in time for me to wear to church today. I was so excited that I got to wear "Mick" to church! I also went in to Nursery all by myself today! I almost made it all two hours by myself, too (I saw Mama and then Nana in the hallway, so Nana came in for a few minutes).
After church, I got to eat one of the cupcakes Mama took for her Primary class. She said since it was my birthday I could eat whatever I wanted--sounds good to me!
While I took a nap, Mama and Daddy got the house all ready for my birthday party. The very best part was when Daddy woke me up, he told me to go out in the living room to find Mama and a surprise. Oh, it was an awesome surprise! Daddy had blown up more than 50 balloons all by himself for me to run through. At first, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to, so I inched my way to Mama on the chair. But then she said I could hit them--and that was so fun! Daddy and I played in the balloons together for almost twenty minutes after that--they were so fun!
Mama had made me a special birthday banner last night. I got to help staple it this morning, but she was so excited for me to see it. We had Mickey plates (that I picked out!) and birthday hats, too. Mama put out a bunch of pictures of me for people to see from my birthday photo shoot yesterday. She even put one out of me when I was born and then one of me when I turned one. She says I'm growing way too fast.
I was so excited to have all of the Bruton family at my party and also Papa and Uncle Dallon (Nana wasn't feeling well). We ate tacos for dinner, then I got to open my presents. I was so spoiled!
I opened Uncle Dallon's present first. He got me the COOLEST toy ever--it's a dump truck, with a drill that I can use to take it apart! I am so excited. I wanted to open it right away and play with it, but Mama said I had to open my other presents.
Nana and Papa gave me a new book, but the best part was the card--it said I get to have a day at the zoo with Nana and Papa! I am so excited! They also got me a subscription for the zoo magazine. I'm excited to see the pictures of all the animals.
Grandpa and Grandma gave me a box of Duplos--I'm so glad! We had to leave my Duplos in Cambridge, so it was nice to get some more to play with.
Oh--and Aunt Corinne and her family sent me a Duplo train in the mail! I'm excited to play with the train and all the new blocks!
Aunt Chelsey also brought me a new book, a big doggie that I already like to play with, and some new silverware. She brought it to me yesterday because she couldn't come to my party.
Mama and Daddy got me some new tools. I got a drill, a whack-whack (hammer), another saw, and a tape measure. I was so excited to get them out. The drill spins around and makes the coolest noise! They also got me a new cup for my juice: a BYU one with a straw! I wanted to use it right away, so Mama put some juice in there for me.
After I opened my presents, everybody sang to me and we had cake. Mama bought me my favorite ice cream (Neapolitan) and made me a cake in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head! There was a Mickey, a Pluto, and a Chip and Dale were on the cake along with two candles. I blew the candles out all by myself! One at a time, just to make sure. Mama was so proud of me.
I had such a great birthday. Everybody left just before bed time, and I was so tired from all the birthday celebrations that I just fell right asleep after reading stories--even with my floating balloons in my bed with me.
--Little Brute
No comments:
Post a Comment