As usual, what I could think of off the top of my head. What the boys are doing lately, words/phrases that they use repeatedly, etc.
Henry
* Cords. still Cords. All the time Cords. Currently, his white, green, and now orange, cords are his fans. He generally refers to them as such and will correct you while he's playing if you call them anything else.
* BBQ chips. He could eat them all day every day if we let him! That kid. His favorite meals are chicken nuggets and chips or PB&J and chips. I have to remind him to eat one chip then take a bite of something else before he can have another one.
* Brave. Oh man, the last two months, Henry has shown us how truly brave he is. Diabetes has become part of our lives, but not our whole lives. And he faces each day with bravery.
* Water slide. Henry loves the slip-n-slide! He wants me to set it up every day and goes down it fast, all by himself. It's a huge change from last year, when we had to coax him to go down it.
* reading in bed. Henry loves to read in bed. He takes his flashlights and stays up reading. In the morning, I usually find 7 or 8 books at the bottom of his bed, and Derek or I usually have to go in and turn off his flashlights in the middle of the night because he fell asleep reading.
* Funny phrases:
"I think so I am going to..."
"Holy moly!"
"I sure can" or "I sure can't"
"Why" (ALL DAY!"
Calling his Daddy Derek
Adding an "ie" to the end of every word. So chips=chippies. Caleb=Calebie etc.
* Singing. He still loves to sing and is always surprising us with the songs he knows. He sings all the words to several Primary songs, which is awesome.
* Green. It's still his favorite color, and he almost always chooses green things when he can. Except food.
John
* words lately:
Ki-ee (Kitty)
Hi!--always hi. He says it with such enthusiasm, too! It's the sweetest.
Da-ee--he says it similar to the way Henry did, and I LOVE it.
Mama
Baba (bottle)
Edie--most dogs are called Edie
done
gen (again)
* crawling everywhere, and starting to stand. Just today, he cruised down the mantle standing up for the first time! He's not super interested in walking yet, which is fine. But he's a quick crawler!
* food. this kid EATS and EATS. One day, actually, the only time I could think of that he wasn't eating something was when he was sleeping. He loves food, especially anything with beef in it.
* Outside. John loves to be outside. If the front door is open, he is crawling out it. He gets so excited when I open the door and I'm holding him, kicking his legs.
* John loves to do whatever Henry is doing. Which can be a challenge, but it's sweet.
* Cars. John loves to play cars! He makes the cutest little car noise while he runs them across the carpet, too.
* Water. Johnny loves to play in the water, but only if it's warm. He FREAKS if I put him in the swimming pool and it's even a little cool.
* Swinging. John loves swinging, especially when Henry is beside him.
* Throwing his head back. When he gets mad or feels like something is unjust, John flings his head back and yells at you. It's crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment